About the hacktoberfest category

Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open-source projects, their maintainers, and the entire community of contributors. This event is all about giving back to the community and celebrating all things open source.

Do we have any updates on how and when to claim swag?
I saw on github that winners were supposed to be announced on November 15th, but that seems to be the last official update

Hi,

Welcome to the Docker Community Forum!

We announced the final list of winners in the following blog:

We also published it in the GitHub Repo: hacktoberfest-2022/README.md at 50fba0de4ce5d4d2e1d6363ce95f7a6d845d4782 · docker/hacktoberfest-2022 · GitHub

Hope it helps.

Hi, thanks a lot for the update!
Do you mind me asking what the criteria for picking valid contributions was? From what I see you mainly picked high quality and hacktoberfest/hacktoberfest-accepted pull requests. Maybe you could make that a little more clear for next year. It just seems a little odd that the top prize was meant for 20 people yet the total winners are only 13.

Thanks for the feedback. This is the first time we participated in the Hacktoberfest event. There is always a room of improvement and we shall definitely consider your honest feedback.

Just to be open, the criteria was based on the level of contributions coming from the community members. Docker Extension is still in Beta phase and it’s really great to see how community has come together to understand what it is and then contributing their time in understanding how it works. Definitely, we considered the level of commits and interactions of contributors(over GitHub issues/PRs) with both - Docker extension team as well as the Extension publishers while picking up the winners. But as you said, we will come up with much better criteria roadmap next year. Thanks for the great question again.To answer your queries related to the numbers, we picked up only those who deserved it based on their level of contributions and interaction.

Hope that helps.

Thanks again for being with us here.