Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Accessing host machine from within docker container

docker

(Kostyavyrodov) #22

What if your docker works with linux?

(Qoomon) #23

Docker Container to access host ports => https://github.com/qoomon/docker-host.

(Realdubb) #24

This worked ! Thank you

(Clns) #25

Yes, same issue here and a valid use case.

(Mosen11) #26

I try to access my mongoDB on host by the container but I get the following exception: Exception in monitor thread while connecting to server localhost:27017
com.mongodb.MongoSocketOpenException: Exception opening socket
at com.mongodb.connection.SocketStream.open(SocketStream.java:62)
at com.mongodb.connection.InternalStreamConnection.open(InternalStreamConnection.java:126)
at com.mongodb.connection.DefaultServerMonitor$ServerMonitorRunnable.run(DefaultServerMonitor.java:114)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
at com.mongodb.connection.SocketStreamHelper.initialize(SocketStreamHelper.java:59)
at com.mongodb.connection.SocketStream.open(SocketStream.java:57)
I run my container with this command: docker run --network=“host” 659004210509. I try several variation but none of them worked.

(Kensai) #27

As per this page you can also use host.docker.internal as a platform-agnostic way to reference the host.

I thought you were going to be my hero… but as per the very next sentence on that page,

This is for development purpose and will not work in a production environment outside of Docker for Windows.

EDIT: I see the same comment in the Mac docs saying the same thing, all as of 18.03, however I have 18.07 and that does not resolve.