Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Attempt to login to docker DTR with username fails

(Ralph Kincade) #1

I am not sure what happened i was able to get in before i RESTARTED THE DOCKER SERVICE now i get :

FATA[0012] Error response from daemon: v1 ping attempt failed with error: Get https://docker-cs1.int.vizuri.com/v1/_ping: dial tcp 192.168.56.104:443: connection refused. If this private registry supports only HTTP or HTTPS with an unknown CA certificate, please add --insecure-registry docker-cs1.int.vizuri.com to the daemon’s arguments. In the case of HTTPS, if you have access to the registry’s CA certificate, no need for the flag; simply place the CA certificate at /etc/docker/certs.d/docker-cs1.int.vizuri.com/ca.crt
user@docker-cs1:~$ docker login docker-cs1.int.vizuri.com
Username:

(Jeff Anderson) #2

What is the output of docker ps on the host running your DTR install? The dial tcp 192.168.56.104:443: connection refused bit implies that docker-cs1.int.vizuri.com resolves to 192.168.56.104, and 192.168.56.104 is not listening to anything on port 443.

Restarting the docker daemon where DTR is running should result in the DTR containers coming back up automatically. They may need a few seconds to come up all the way. If for whatever reason DTR does not come back up, you can restart in manually by doing the following: docker run docker/trusted-registry restart | sudo bash -x

Beyond that, check the docker logs output of the stopped dtr containers, and check the log files in /usr/local/etc/dtr/logs/ for any error messages as well.

/Jeff