I don’t know if this is wrong per se really. As far as I can tell, this is caused by HFS+/Mac not supporting fallocate.
gold linker should work in both mounted volumes and internal filesystems.
gold linker does not work in mounted volumes.
pinata diagnose -u
OS X: version 10.11.3 (build: 15D21) Docker.app: version v1.11.0-beta7 Running diagnostic tests: [OK] docker-cli [OK] Moby booted [OK] driver.amd64-linux [OK] vmnetd [OK] osxfs [OK] db [OK] slirp [OK] menubar [OK] environment [OK] Docker [OK] VT-x Docker logs are being collected into /tmp/20160420-203354.tar.gz Most specific failure is: No error was detected Your unique id is: B615558F-E16F-4E55-A203-7AC918025C32 Please quote this in all correspondence.
- OS X 10.11.3
- Using docker image fpco/stack-build
- strace log of the linker step attached
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- Mount a local volume from the machine to Docker.
- Have a test.c file in the volume
- Compile with gcc -fuse-ld=gold test.c -o testGold.o (This fails)
- Compile with gcc -fuse-ld=bfd test.c -o testBfd.o (This works)
- Compile with gcc -fuse-ld=gold test.c -o /testGold2.o (This works)
Passing --no-posix-fallocate to gold, or using bfd.
strace.log (17.1 KB)