Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Can I change my username?

(Epad) #1

Is there a way to change username after the account has been created?

Thanks

(Sabin Basyal) #2

In order to rename your account, you’ll need to confirm you’ve completed the following:

• Download any images (and tags) you want to keep: docker pull -a <image>:<tag>
  • Delete all repositories associated with your account
  • If you have a subscription on your account downgrade it to the free subscription level
  • If you have an enterprise license download it (The download link will not be available after the rename) Once you’ve completed each of the above items let me know and I will proceed to rename your account and notify you when I’m finished.

After your account has been renamed you’ll need to send email to support@docker.com specifying you have completed all above steps. Support Engineers will rename the account for you and you can do the following afterwards:

• docker tag all of your images with your new account name
  • docker push each of your images to the Hub If you had automated builds instead of manually-pushed images, then you’ll need to set up each of those on the new account.

If you had automated builds instead of manually-pushed images, then you’ll need to set up each of those on the new account.