Cannot create a repository

:wave: We’re taking a look, thanks for the reports everyone.

6 Likes

I unfortunately have the same problem. First time trying Docker and trying to follow the getting-started guide.

2 Likes

We’ve found a deployment went out around the same time the related errors started occurring. We’re going to try to revert and that may resolve the issues.

6 Likes

It seems to be working for me again. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still broken for me. docker push says successful, but no repositories show up. Clicking create repository gets me a screen stuck on a spinning circle.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the resolution. Cheers

1 Like

We’ve resolved the root cause, but now we’re backfilling some missing (recoverable) data on the accounts that aren’t working. The engineers are working on the backfilling now, hopefully it won’t take too long and can be resolved tonight (tonight my time, Saturday :slightly_smiling_face:).

4 Likes

The backfilling of data has finished. This should resolve the issues with creating and viewing repos.

Let us know if you’re still having any troubles.

3 Likes

If you are still having issues in hub, log out and log back in. There is some front-end state used that would be half working with the previous data issues. And of course, refreshing the page helps with this state being refreshed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @technicallyjoshdocker and @shawnaxsomdocker; everything is working for me now

4 Likes

Hello. Today I create a new account and after email validation I cant create repository. In console I can see many 401 Unauthorized responses.

Thanks

I am having the same problem. I created an docker hub account today but am not able to create a repository.

Same issue today. I create a new account and after email validation I cant create repository.

same here…

created new account on hub using my edu email.
attempted to create a repository but always loading.

see banner on top after login:

Account activation failed. Please close the browser window and try again later

I am facing the same issue.
How can I fix this?

I can’t create repos yet.
What can I do?
In console I can see many 401 Unauthorized responses.
“registry-setting”
“v2/repositories/namespaces/”
“v2/repositories/luckyabel”
All above responses “401 UNAUTHORIZED”.

Same problem here: After creating a new account, I am unable to create a repository. I get only a spinning blue circle and now and then the message about the failed account activation.

What I’ve tried so far: Closing and re-opening the browser, changing the password and logging back in, using different browsers (latest Firefox and Chromium-based), deleting website data and logging back in.

I am facing the same issue, I have setup my account and tried to create a repo…the screen keeps loading and the message - “Account activation failed. Please close the browser window and try again later” pops up.
I have activated my account by clicking the email verification link sent on mail and verified it in profile settings.
Please help how to resolve this

Anddd… I am facing the same issue too.

I am also have trouble trying to create a repo