[OK]      vmnetd
[OK]      osxfs
[OK]      db
[OK]      slirp
[OK]      menubar
[OK]      environment
[OK]      Docker
[OK]      VT-x
Docker logs are being collected into /tmp/20160414-070017.tar.gz.

Steps to reproduce the behavior

Not sure how to reproduce this.

1 Like

Do you have VPN checked in the settings? When VPN is enabled, then docker.local no longer applies.

Y, I have VPN checked in.

Thanks a lot.

can you uncheck VPN? it seems like it is always enabled, see VPN compatibiliy always enabled

2 Likes

I’m having this issue too, and I can’t uncheck vpn compat. On latest v1.11.0-beta8.2.

I’m having the same issue this morning (cannot get docker.local to resolve), I have same diagnostics from pinata as the diagnose above and when I check syslog when attempting to restart pinata I see the following:

<Notice>: exec: /Applications/Docker.app/Contents/MacOS/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux []string{"-A", "-m", "2G", "-c", "4", "-u", "-s", "0:0,hostbridge", "-s", "31,lpc", "-s", "2:0,virtio-ipc,uuid=c0f57933-d730-4cb8-bc49-d6d027724fbf,path=/var/tmp/com.docker.vmnetd.socket,macfile=/Users/me/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/mac.0", "-s", "3:0,virtio-ipc,uuid=d4e431ac-cdf0-4bdb-bc3f-fb97ce06e398,path=/var/tmp/com.docker.slirp.socket,macfile=/Users/me/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/mac.1", "-s", "4,virtio-blk,file:///Users/me/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/Docker.qcow2", "-s", "5,virtio-9p,path=/var/tmp/com.docker.db.socket,tag=db", "-s", "6,virtio-rnd", "-s", "7,virtio-9p,path=/var/tmp/com.docker.port.socket,tag=port", "-s", "8,virtio-sock,guest_cid=3,path=/var/tmp/com.docker.vsock,guest_forwards=2376;1525", "-l", "com1,pty=/Users/me/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/tty,log=/Users/me/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux/console-ring", "-f", "kexec,/Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/moby/vmlinuz64,/Applications/Docker.app/Contents/Resources/moby/initrd.img,earlyprintk=serial console=ttyS0 com.docker.driverDir=\"/Users/me/Library/Containers/com.docker.docker/Data/com.docker.driver.amd64-linux\", com.docker.database=\"com.docker.driver.amd64-linux\""}
 <Notice>: Client reports version 12, commit 3c1bfeb0e86a9403f82302edfea4c4987cc2cb32
 <Error>: com.docker.vmnetd: interface_param = NULL
 <Error>: Failed to initialise com.docker.vmnetd: status = VMNET_FAILURE
 <Error>: aslInit should be called before aslLog
--- last message repeated 1 time ---
<Notice>: Docker is not responding: waiting 0.5s
--- last message repeated 15 times ---
<Notice>: Docker is responding

Could the VMNET_FAILURE be related?

Having the same problem.

Though this was working when I was using the pc plugged in via network cable.

It’s now not working on wifi.

Wondering if it locked to a specific interface that isn’t available now?

I’m seeing the same issue Version 1.11.0-beta8 (build: 6072). I tried unchecking vpn mode, but it goes back to being checked.

Also seeing the same issue…

• VPN box always rechecks
  • docker.local:8888 doesn’t work
  • localhost:8888 doesn’t work (even after pinata set native/port-forwarding true && pinata restart)

(if I’m running something that exposes port 8888)

Worked in beta7, broken in beta8

I have the same issue, I can’t uncheck the VPN mode. I’m seeing that when I uncheck it the docker VM restart, but then get ever checked. Works fine on Beta6 but not work on Beta8.

I did a test, uninstall docker, remove everything, then restart the OSX. Then installed Docker again (Beta8) and the local network worked, but after restart Docker not work anymore.

I installed yesterday and have the same behavior as others mentioned above.

Similar to @jadsonlourenco, it worked when I first installed and ran (I believe it was 1.11.0-beta8 (build: 6072)). After a restart, I haven’t been able to get it working again.

Same issue here. VPN re-checks every time I uncheck it and docker.local cannot be resolved.

Ok managed to fix this by uninstalling virtualbox and docker doing a reboot then re-installing docker. (Not sure if all those steps are needed).

network = hostnet

Is set and seems to be staying set.

I know I did a Virtualbox update a couple days ago (Needed for GennyMotion). Though was working directly after.

It’s working for me again. Hope this helps someone else.

Will try and install virtualbox once back home to see if it breaks again. (Currently at a place with low bandwidth so can’t test easily)

I had a similar experience. I uninstalled VirtualBox and Docker then reinstalled Docker (without reboot) and it started working.

Beta9 release fix that! Upgrade now! :heart_eyes:

Beta9 actually introduced this for me. I cannot ping docker.local and none of my docker backed services can connect. HELP!

$ pinata diagnose
OS X: version 10.11.4 (build: 15E65)
Docker.app: version v1.11.0-beta9
Running diagnostic tests:
[OK]      docker-cli
[OK]      Moby booted
[OK]      driver.amd64-linux
[OK]      vmnetd
[OK]      osxfs
[OK]      db
[OK]      slirp
[OK]      menubar
[OK]      environment
[OK]      Docker
[OK]      VT-x
Docker logs are being collected into /tmp/20160429-095823.tar.gz
Most specific failure is: No error was detected
Would you like to upload log files? [Y/n]: Y

Your unique id is: 8067B04A-FEE5-43FF-AAF0-B5A11BD25D7F
Please quote this in all correspondence.
$ ping docker.local
ping: cannot resolve docker.local: Unknown host

docker.local is no longer needed in Beta 9 - all containers are exposed via localhost now.

1 Like