Here’s how i’ve spent the last 3 hours. Consider this a sort of loop.
- Created a new repository, entirely without issue. No messaging, nothing.
- Attempt docker push from our CI server - ‘unauthorized’.
The push refers to a repository [docker.io/xxx/yyy-client] (len: 1)
unauthorized: authentication required
- Pushed from my local machine, no problem, push successful, BUT, the published container is ‘0 Bytes’
- Fondle with collaborators and teams for a bit
- Delete the repo and start again.
- Rinse, repeat. For about 3 hours.
Later on, attempt a pull in a last ditch attempt to figure out what the problem with the repo is, and if it really is 0 bytes.
FINALLY get a message that says something different, but still meaningless:
Error: Status 403 trying to pull repository vendigo/admin-client: ““The Repository is Locked, access denied””
So I end up looking it up here, and 3 posts down in an obscure thread,
This probably means you are out of free repositories
Please, for the love of ‘path of least surprise’ can the error messaging here change to something like “You are out of paid repositories” or something similar, to save anybody else the pain I’ve just been through. 'Unauthorized is completely misleading and confusing.