Container want create

Hello. I have problem with containers in my docker. when i want to install iobroker by adding container…i cant do this because i have this problem:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------     1970-01-01 01:00:00      -------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----                 Welcome to your ioBroker-container!                  -----
-----                    Startupscript is now running.                     -----
-----                          Please be patient!                          -----

-----                        Debugging information                         -----
-----                                                                      -----
-----                                System                                -----
-----                    arch:                armv7l                       -----
-----                    hostname:            40571fb3f7da                 -----
-----                                                                      -----
-----                             Docker-Image                             -----
-----                    image:               v7.0.1                       -----
-----                    build:               2022-07-05T18:51:52+00:00    -----
-----                               Versions                               -----
Node.js[22]: ../src/util.cc:188:double node::GetCurrentTimeInMicroseconds(): Assertion `(0) == (uv_gettimeofday(&tv))' failed.
-----                    node:                                             -----
Node.js[24]: ../src/util.cc:188:double node::GetCurrentTimeInMicroseconds(): Assertion `(0) == (uv_gettimeofday(&tv))' failed.
-----                    npm:                                              -----
-----                                 ENV                                  -----
-----                    SETGID:              1000                         -----
-----                    SETUID:              1000                         -----

-----                  Step 1 of 5: Preparing container                   -----
This is not the first run of this container. Skipping first run preparation.

Installing additional packages is set by ENV.
Checking the following Packages: ...

Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Done.

-----             Step 2 of 5: Detecting ioBroker installation             -----

There is data detected in /opt/iobroker but it looks like it is no instance of ioBroker or a valid backup file!
Please check/ recreate mounted folder or volume and start over.

however when i want to install iobroker from docker compose docker is installing (but i have some problems later so i want to install docker manually with creating container).

Help :slight_smile:

Please share the exact docker run command and the exact content of the compose file you used.
There must be a reason why it behaves different.

Docker i was install from loxberry wiki.
Then i used commands to update portainer:

docker stop portainer
	docker rm portainer
	docker pull portainer/portainer-ce:latest
	docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9000:9000 -p 9443:9443 \
    --name=portainer --restart=always \
    -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
    -v portainer_data:/data \
    portainer/portainer-ce:latest

and I didn’t do anything else.

putty

commands is stack which i used:

version: '3'

services:

ioBroker:
        container_name: iobroker
        restart: always
        expose:
            - "8081"
            - "8082"
        ports:
            - "8081:8081"
            - "8082:8082"
        build: iobroker
        image: buanet/iobroker:latest
        privileged: true
        stdin_open: true
        volumes:
            - ./iobroker/data:/opt/iobroker
        networks:
            - iobroker-network

## NETWORKING
networks:
   local:
       driver: bridge
   iobroker-network:
       driver: bridge

I am not sure how the portainer container upgrade or the portainer screenshots are related to your problem.

Though, If you deploy the container based on the compose file, then the compose file is the only relevant information. :slight_smile:

The error message indicates that host path ./iobroker/data (relative to where the compose file is stored) contains data that isn’t expected there (as in doesn’t belong there). Stop the container or the compose deployment. Execute rm -rf ./iobroker/data/* in the folder where the compose file is stored to empty the folder ./iobroker/data and start the container again (or deploy the compose project again).

Update: now I understand why you shared the portainer screenshots: to illustrate the container configuration. So yes, your compose file uses a different host folder than the one you created in portainer, which is the reason it behaves differently.