I am trying to get Finalbuilder (FBCMD.exe) run inside a Windows Docker Container. On my server there is a Jenkins master that uses the Docker Containers as slaves. As a Build Step I want to start a FB8 Project inside the Container via FBCMD.exe (I know about the licenses I need for the virtualization, got a site license).
I installed FB8 with a /VERYSILENT Install inside the container. The Docker Container has .net framework > 4.5 and Powershell Version 5.xx. ans the license key is located in the correct path. “C:\Program Data…”
But everytime I try to run the FBCMD.exe inside the container it does absolutely nothing. The same command works on my desktop pc.
I did not use a Dockerfile. The way I created the container is the following:
1.Used the “mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore” image and started a container
2. Gave the container a Volume to easily copy files from my host (Win Server 2016) to the container.
3. Checked Powershell and .net Framework Version
4. Copied the FB8 installer to the container
5. Installed it via “.\FB800… /VERYSILENT” and checked if the files are existent in “…Program Files (x86)”
6. Moved the license key from my host to “C:\Program Data\VSoft…”
7. Stopped the container and created a new image using the “docker commit” command
8. Started a new container with the recently created image and tried to start the FBCMD.exe
and thats the point where I got stuck. Parallel to the steps mentioned above I installed Java and copied the agent.jar into the container. They are working correctly in the newly created image.
Anyone knows how to fix this? Or got it working?