Docker Business Allowed Org affecting docker networking?

Is there some other enterprise level settings that are affecting docker networking? For example, If I pull the ubuntu image from docker hub and run it, I cannot make an outbound network connection to another container in the same network, nor can I for example reach the internet to run an apt update command to try and install another package into the ubuntu container. In effect, I can run a container as it is, and not communicate with any other container at all, and I cannot build a container that needs to do anything from outside it self (for example updating packages to latest versions to fix security errors, pulling in build package dependencies or pulling in code from a github repo so I can build it. )

I have removed our allowed org from docker and re started, and everything works as expected. I can talk to the internet, I can talk from container to container. everything. But as soon as I turn on our org, nothing works.

Ok. So I’ve done the following workflow

1. Removed everything and uninstalled Docker Desktop
  2. Re Installed Docker Desktop without setting up any of the org or license stuff (Use un logged in / anonymous
  3. Pulled a few images, Ran a docker compose we have that communicated from container to container (in the same network) Everything works as expected.
  4. Delete all containers and images
  5. Logged into docker desktop using our SSO, but without setting the allowed org
  6. Pulled a few images, Ran a docker compose we have that communicated from container to container (in the same network) Everything works as expected.
  7. Delete all containers and images.
  8. Stopped Docker Desktop, Added in the allowed org to the registry.json as documented while sill logged in
  9. Pulled a few images, Ran a docker compose we have that communicated from container to container (in the same network). No container to container communication is allowed (failure in DNS). No connection to the internet is allowed (trying to hit github.com)

So as soon as I turn on the allowed org, then it stops everything from working.

This is for Docker Business and have a support case open with Docker but have not heard back in 3 days

There is a new “Hardened Desktop” feature which is available only for Docker Business customers. This could be the reason:

The “Enhanced Container Isolation” page mentions network, but I can’t find anything that could explain it

• Users can continue using containers as usual, including bind mounting host directories, volumes, networking configurations, etc.
  • Containers can no longer share namespaces with the Docker Desktop VM. For example, --network=host, --pid=host.

I don’t have access to a business Desktop, so for more help you have to wait for someone who has, or wait for the Docker Support. You can also check the reported issues on GitHub:

I am going to move the topic from the Community category to “Docker Desktop for Windows” assuming you are using Docker on Windows. Please, tell me if I am wrong so I can move it to the right category or give you the right repo link on GitHub, but the Community category is for asking about the community.