Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Docker Cloud 1.2 Release Notes

bugfixes
automatedbuilds
ci

(Ryan Kennedy) #1

Docker Cloud Users,

We’re pleased to announce several updates to our Autobuild system including Bitbucket support, dynamic matching of git branches and tags, user control over build node size, and other bug fixes & improvements.

Automated builds with Bitbucket

You can now configure automated builds from Bitbucket source repositories. Just link your Bitbucket account to Docker Cloud and create an Automated Build from any of your Bitbucket repositories with a Dockerfile. Check out the docs to learn more!

Dynamic matching of git branches and tags

With support for dynamic matches, regex filters, and simple static matches, automated build rules can now be configured to dynamically trigger builds as you create new git branches and tags. Create dynamic rules by entering a regular expression, so you can filter branches or tags and build the matching ones. For example, if your team uses git tags to mark version numbers, you could create a rule to build all tags matching /^[0-9.]+$/.

Control over builder node size (Beta)

You can now specify the size of node on which to execute your builds and tests. As part of the beta, you can choose from 3 different sizes. All automated builds for a given repository will be executed on the node size specified in the build configuration step. To adjust the node size, just click “Configure Automated Builds” on the “Builds” tab.

Note: During the Beta, you can run automated builds for FREE on any of the specified node sizes.

View repositories & autobuilds for teams & organizations

Access repositories for organizations & teams you belong to on Docker Hub. From the Repositories page, select an Organization name from the dropdown to view the repositories you have access to. To read about which actions are available for each permission level, check out the automated build docs.

Numerous bug fixes & improvements based on your feedback!

• DigitalOcean promo code now appears correctly
  • Environment Variables are now fully editable in the Service Wizard
  • Auto-* features settings are retained in settings and Service detail view
  • A bug with AWS disk sizes was fixed
  • Container endpoints now appear correctly in the Services Detail view
  • Inactive container endpoints no longer appear after having been removed
  • Port mappings are now displayed correctly when editing a Service
  • Auto-redeploy now works as expected
  • Actions in Stack Timeline view are now sorted correctly
  • Container Details now display the Node name on which it is deployed
  • Published ports now appear correctly in the Endpoints section
  • Container Detail view now includes Service Name
  • Fixed many CSS issues in Firefox
  • Fixed a Stackfile issue where the cursor jumped to end of file when editing a stack
  • Download Microsoft Certificate button now functions correctly
  • Max Node Disk Size is now based on the Node Type from your Cloud Provider
  • And many others …

Try out the latest updates to Docker Cloud and (as always) please share your feedback in the Forums!

-Docker Cloud Team

(Miogreen) #2

Hello, Ryan! Thank you very much for this update. Do you have any plans to add folders for organizing stacks?

(Ryan Kennedy) #3

Hi @miogreen, Thanks for the feedback - can you share details of the use case you’re looking to address?

(Miogreen) #4

@pkennedyr right now I have 8 services in one product. It is 8 stacks. And I have different environments - staging, sandbox and production. So for each environment I have same 8 stack. I store different ENV params in each environment. In this way I have 24 stack. I need the way to organize staks, filter and sort them. We can create folder or use tags to filter stacks. And by the way I don’t do microservices architecture :slight_smile: !

(Paalmoest) #5

Dynamic matching of git branches and tags.

The tags part is still not working.

(Ryan Kennedy) #6

Hi @miogreen - Thanks for sharing the details of your use case. Improved discoverability of user content (e.g. filter, search, etc.) is a key focus this year and we’ll make sure to keep your use case in mind as we make these changes.

(Kickingthetv) #7