Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Docker tutorial issues

swarm
docker
virtualbox
dockercloud

Hi, I have the same issue.
The problem why you get the same container ID, is in my humble opinion, that you are reaching the only one docker instance running, not the load-balancer. If you stop that container you will get no page at all.
In my case the problem with the swarm was that the instances were starting and stopping. So I get no answer at all. Everything was working fine but the answer to

docker service ps getstartedlab_web

was the following

ID                  NAME                  IMAGE                            NODE                DESIRED STATE       CURRENT STATE                 ERROR                              PORTS
xikxn3kazcpk        getstartedlab_web.1   <username>/get-started:part2   <machine-name>       **Shutdown**            **Rejected about a minute ago   "mkdir /var/lib/docker: read-o…"**   
pqenkm4dx74d        getstartedlab_web.2   <username>/get-started:part2   <machine-name>       Shutdown            Rejected about a minute ago   "mkdir /var/lib/docker: read-o…"   
ky5a7pbxoofs        getstartedlab_web.3   <username>/get-started:part2   <machine-name>       Shutdown            Rejected about a minute ago   "mkdir /var/lib/docker: read-o…"   
mxcx9gvfgwqr        getstartedlab_web.4   <username>/get-started:part2   <machine-name>       Shutdown            Rejected about a minute ago   "mkdir /var/lib/docker: read-o…"   
thtdwy3i405h        getstartedlab_web.5   <username>/get-started:part2   <machine-name>       Shutdown            Rejected about a minute ago   "mkdir /var/lib/docker: read-o…"

The problem was that a directory could not be written.

I found this was my real problem Link to stackoverflow solution. ----> I have installed docker via snap in ubuntu 18.04 and there was a problem with that.
I removed it and install via apt and it worked fine. This link could help to get things working.

Hope this help.