Docker webhook is missing tag

Currently the webhook message sent by the docker hub does not contain the tag of the container it just built. This means it’s not possible to have the webhook only build one version (for example dev). It also means that for automated builds with many tags, clicking the “Build now” button will end up with multiple builds that result in multiple webhooks.

If the webhook could be set up for only a certain tag, or the webhook message could contain the tag in addition to the name and repository information, then I could filter out the containers I’m not interested in

Hi Marius –

We’re tracking this internally as feature request ST-1410. I don’t have an ETA on when it will be available.

What exactly does it involve? Including tag in the webhook json? Filtering webhooks on tag?

Something that would be natural, after this is implemented, is to use the tag from git as the tag for the image. Any plans for that?

What exactly does it involve? Including tag in the webhook json? Filtering webhooks on tag?

I think you’re asking for implementation details. I don’t have those to share. The Automated Build system is one of the most actively developed parts of Docker Hub, so there are a number of features being worked on at all times.

Something that would be natural, after this is implemented, is to use the tag from git as the tag for the image.

Agreed – we’re tracking this internally as ST-1512.

Major +1 on this. We really want this for integration into Tutum. The ideal functionality for us would be filtering webhooks by tag, since tutum simply offers a redeploy url. This is a fairly make or break feature for us, without it we’ll have to find some other way to build our images until this is ready.

+1 We could really use this as we are trying to automate our delivery pipeline. Not having the tag makes it hard for down stream applications to know what should be deployed.

1 Like

No updates on this feature yet?