Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

"DTR doesn't have a license" error running docker pull command

Hello

I’m getting “DTR doesn’t have a license” message when I execute docker pull command to download an image from DTR. DTR license is expired.

Following this article from Docker support https://success.docker.com/article/what-happens-when-my-docker-ee-license-expires pull an image from DTR should run fine. DTR with expired license will disable push an image to DTR but not pull an image from DTR.

I’m running Docker EE 18.09.5 , UCP 3.1.6 and DTR 2.6.5 on RHEL 7.6 x86_64

Thanks.

I can confirm from experience, that neither pulls nor pushes are possible once the grace period is passed. If i remember properly, the grace period should be 2 months.

Either this is a doku bug, or a bug in the dtr implamentation ^^

1 Like

We’ll be happy to update the knowledge base article. Thanks for pointing this out.

I’d also point you to the End User Subscription Agreement for Docker Enterprise (which includes Docker Trusted Registry):

“Docker hereby grants Customer a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable license during the applicable Subscription Term to install, copy and use the Licensed Software for Customer’s internal business purposes, in connection with the deployment of no more than the number of Instances as are set forth in the Order Form.” [emphasis mine]

Thanks.

The knowledge base article hasn’t been updated yet.