Error: not a valid repository/tag: invalid reference format

I’m currently using Docker installed in Google Cloud. I’ve been able to successfully run the example walkthrough to run helloapp (For reference: Quickstart for Docker  |  Artifact Registry documentation  |  Google Cloud ) . However, when I attempt to use another Google Cloud marketplace image, specifically CentOS, I receive the following command line error (using gcloud CLI to tag):

Error parsing reference: " us-central1-docker.pkg.dev/inductive-gift-286615/quickstart-docker-repo/centosproj:latest" is not a valid repository/tag: invalid reference format

The command I’m entering is: docker tag us-docker.pkg.dev/google-samples/containers/gke/marketplace.gcr.io/google/centos7 \ us-central1-docker.pkg.dev/in
ductive-gift-286615/quickstart-docker-repo/centosproj:latest

The only difference from the example walkthrough and the command which generates an error is in the marketplace locations. For reference, here is the command that runs successfully:

docker tag us-docker.pkg.dev/google-samples/containers/gke/hello-app:1.0 \
us-central1-docker.pkg.dev/inductive-gift-286615/quickstart-docker-repo/quickstart-image:tag1

Any help greatly appreciated!!

For reference (docker version):

Client: Docker Engine - Community
Version: 20.10.3
API version: 1.41
Go version: go1.13.15
Git commit: 48d30b5
Built: Fri Jan 29 14:33:25 2021
OS/Arch: linux/amd64
Context: default
Experimental: true
Server: Docker Engine - Community
Engine:
Version: 20.10.3
API version: 1.41 (minimum version 1.12)
Go version: go1.13.15

For those interested. The error ended up being a single “spacebar” after the \ . Changing from:
\ us-central1-docker.pkg.dev/inductive-gift-286615/quickstart-docker-repo/centosproj:latest

to
\us-central1-docker.pkg.dev/inductive-gift-286615/quickstart-docker-repo/centosproj:latest

Fixed the issue