Error response from daemon: Unexpected status code 401

You’re absolutely right

In fact, the search command is rarely used and almost never used

But a piece of software that does this and it doesn’t work is a very bad checkup

And search is friendly for beginners

I agree of course. I guess it is not a priority for the developers and testers anymore and it looks like they don’t have an automatic test for it before a new release.

I could test that search works with Docker 20.10.7 on my WSL machine (on which I have a strange login warning) and it doesn’t work with 20.10.8 on my Mac neither on a Linux laptop with Docker 20.10.10.

This is intresting since @meyay mentioned it doesn’t works for him with 20.10.9.

I thought we already agreed the error is raised when a user is logged in (after docker login), and does not effect users that are not logged in.

On top of that: docker search is not particularly usefull for anything. I don’t see myself creating an automatism that relies on the output of docker search to create a container from the search result…

You are right, but it doesn’t change the fact it should work :slight_smile: I think peope could just let it go if they knew it is an officially abandoned feature which will be removed in the next release.