Forum admins, please delete lewish95

Usualy I find the anwers from lewish95 to be to far fetched and rarely fitting to what is discussed in a thread.

I took his/her/its last couple of post and googled their content… What Should I say, all of them are litteral partial copies of Github Issues, the Docker dokumentation or other pages from the internet. Without and further explanation or any sort of self crated content.

Sorry, but this realy smells like a terrible made bot.

Can a forum admin please delete the user lewish95.

3 Likes

You asked June 11th 2020, so it has only taken a bit over a year to (almost) get this done. :wink:

Many of the flags people raised just expired, and a few were erroneously declined by previous moderators. Fun fact: an automated flag was actually raised (and declined) for its very first post, January 1st 2020!

All its posts are now gone, though some responses to the deleted posts may still be lingering around. Feel free to flag those when running into any.

Also, while going through random posts, quite a bit of old spam can be found too; everyone, feel free to flag that too, we’re handling flags now.

My favorite action that made it worth my while:

And the end result: -9 likes received, and -29 posts created. Hmmm, Discourse, the forum software, is having a hard time on this one too. :slight_smile:

(The empty account will be deleted soon now; just want to make sure we don’t somehow need any of the moderation results.)

1 Like

Good things take time, don’t they :slight_smile:

My typical response to this kind of action in german would be “Mein Herz schlägt voll unbändigster Freude”, which translates to “My heart beats with unrestrained joy”. I use this scentence a lot in project situations where miracles happen or the team just did great (just had the situation last week in our sprint review).

I rarely visit old posts… And if I do it’s typicaly because I remember that I addressed a topic already with a solid answer :slight_smile: Usualy those threads are “clean”. But if I stumble accross spam, I will do my part to keep this forum clean and pleasent for everyone.

Chapeux! You realy put a lot of effort into cleaning up the trash :slight_smile:
Thank you! Its much appreciated!

1 Like