Getcwd error on volume mount

Since the latest update to Docker for Mac (17.03.1-ce-mac5) I’m seeing containers “losing” access to mounts.

I use Docker to simplify local dev. I run a container interactively and mount pwd in the container so I can use local dev tools but run the result in a container. This has worked fine for months. It seems that access to the mountpoint is transient, here’s a log from a container where I’ve just pressed enter for a bit.

The shell doesn’t have timestamps but this log is over a period of ~2mins

$ docker run -it --rm --link postgres --link redis --network test_net -v $(pwd):/app -w /app perl-dev
/app #
/app #
ash: getcwd: No such file or directory
(unknown) #
(unknown) #
(unknown) # cd /
/ # cd /app
(unknown) #
(unknown) #
(unknown) #
(unknown) #
/app #
/app #
/app # %

Dockerfile for perl-dev

FROM alpine:edge

# Basic dependencies
RUN apk -U add --no-cache tzdata git curl wget perl perl-dev libressl libressl-dev make gcc libc-dev zlib-dev

# Extras
RUN apk add --no-cache postgresql-dev unzip

# Tidy up
RUN rm /var/cache/apk/*

RUN curl -L https://cpanmin.us/ -o /usr/local/bin/cpanm && \
    chmod +x /usr/local/bin/cpanm
RUN cpanm -i Carton Minilla Version::Next CPAN::Uploader

CMD ash

Any ideas? This has only started happening in the last few days. Currently on stable channel, nothing obvious shows up in the logs for the hyperkit VM etc

It also looks like the release notes are lagging behind making hard to try and work out what might be happening…

Hi @ccakes,

Could you please open an issue on the GitHub issue tracker at https://github.com/docker/for-mac/issues and include a diagnostic ID from :whale: :arrow_right: Diagnose and Feedback... :arrow_right: Diagnose & Upload? As far as I know, there were no significant changes in -mac5 that would cause this issue. Which version did you upgrade from? I will check on the release note publication.

Thanks for using Docker for Mac and I look forward to helping you on the GitHub tracker.

Best,

David

Thanks David - done. #1509