To deploy a project I need some official containers (e.g. like alpine) and some non-disclosed (private) containers I cannot push to even a private Docker hub repository.
I found the Docker Distribution package which include Dockers “new registry”.
I also have a running installation von Atlassian Bitbucket Server which is a Git server solution. I would like to use Bitbucket as the master Git server for the non-disclosed Docker containers. So that I can create new Git repositories and set permissions inside Bitbucket and Docker Distribution will use that single Bitbucket project (with N projects inside) as the “registry”.
I was thinking of a setup which would like do the following:
- Searching for Docker container “foobar”.
- Docker will search the private “registry” for “foobar” and finds it.
- Docker installs “foobar” from the private “registry”
- Searching for Docker container “foobaz”.
- Docker will search the private “registry” for “foobaz” and does NOT find it.
- Docker will search the public “registry” (hub.docker.com) for “foobaz” and finds it.
- Docker installs “foobar” from the public “registry”
How to integrate Docker Distribution (private registry) with Atlassian Bitbucket Server?