Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Importing containers and images from the existing Docker Toolbox

(Mavanier) #1

Expected behavior

When right clicking the Docker whale icon and selecting Settings… The Import Toolbox default machine content… is enabled the existing containers and images can be imported easily.

Actual behavior

The menu is grayed out. Importation of the existing containers and images is impossible.

Information

• Running Windows 10 pro.
  • Have previously had Docker Toolbox installed(1.11.1b).
  • Have separate install of VirtualBox 5.0.20 r106931
  • Hyper-V is not enabled.
  • Intel i7-3820 / 16Gb

Steps to reproduce the behavior

1. Run installer
  2. Installer fails to initialize Hyper-V with deserialize error
  3. Manually enabling Hyper-V
  4. Import Toolbox default machine content… is grayed out in the Settings screen

(Michael Friis) #2

Do you have a docker-machine created machine named default? Can you post the output of docker-machine ls?

(Mavanier) #3

This is the output the existing Docker Toolbox
MINGW64 ~
$ docker-machine ls
NAME ACTIVE DRIVER STATE URL SWARM DOCKER ERRORS
default * virtualbox Running tcp://192.168.99.100:2376 v1.11.1

I have a small C: drive so I changed the default location by editing the start.sh file.
#Custom storage path
export MACHINE_STORAGE_PATH=O:/docker-machine

I also changed the default install path of Docker Toolbox. I have the following user variable:
DOCKER_TOOLBOX_INSTALL_PATH=O:\Docker Toolbox
Path=C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\Resources\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;;O:\Docker Toolbox

(Michael Friis) #4

Ah, we actually only check the default docker-machine path, so it wouldn’t work with your setup. We may not be able to handle it, but I’ll add a ticket to track.

Michael