Is there any documentation on any technical details I can know about docker in relation to virtualbox?

I’m new to docker, I’m reading what I can to learn more about this tool, which is docker. I used to do everything with virtualbox, but now I’ve migrated to everything in docker and I really feel like some of the things I’ve developed, I feel like I’ve gotten more productive.

For example, I do a lot of automated tests, in the past I had to create a virtual machine for each test. And that, it seemed like something so boring and manual. With docker I can do the same things, but I feel like everything is easier and simpler.

Is there any documentation on any technical details I can know about docker in relation to virtualbox?

Considerations

1. I asked about this because docker is a recent technology that I’m studying and I don’t know where I can find much information.
  2. If you can answer me and help me, I would be very grateful.

Virtualbox is just one tool to create virtual machines. You should search for “Virtual machine vs container”. You can read about it basically everywhere. If you understand the concept that helps a lot to find the new way of doing things. If you have a specific question, and you can’t find the answer on the forum or in the documentation, create a topic for it, and we may be able to help you. :slight_smile:

Until then you can read this: Introduction to Containers

It is not about VM vs container, but you can learn many a lot about containers.