Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Issue installing DTR 2.0

(Qadinc) #1

Hi all,

I’m trying to install DTR 2 on a single server with UCP also installed (I’ve read this is supported), however when trying to install DTR, I get the following:

Problem running container ‘dtr-phase2’ from image ‘docker/dtr:2.0.0’: Couldn’t create container ‘dtr-phase2’ from image ‘docker/dtr:2.0.0’: Error response from daemon: unable to find a node that satisfies node!=exhost.mydomain.com

There is a node under UCP with the this hostname (–ucp-node exhost.mydomain.com)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

(Joao Fernandes) #2

Both UCP and DTR use ports 443, so if you’re trying to install UCP and DTR on the same server, you need to change one of them to use a port other than 443.

To change the port used by UCP, you install it by following the instructions on the documentation, but also include the --controller port <port> flag on the install command. You can see here all the options you can pass to the install command.

To change the port used by DTR, you install it by following the instructions on the documentation, but also include the --dtr-load-balancer <ip>:<port> flag on the install command. You can see here all the options you can pass to the install command.

(Pdmahaf) #3

I am having the same problem in a clustered configuration. I have put on the --dtr-load-balancer option to different IP as well. Seems like no matter what I do it gives me the same error. The UCP HA is working just fine.

(Qadinc) #4

Thanks Joao,

I opened up a ticket before you responded and got the same information you provided. Changing the UCP port on install solved the initial issue, but now I’m getting the Couldn’t create network ‘dtr-ol’ error. I’ve done an engine discovery config and update, but that’s not solved the issue and I’ve let the support rep know, waiting a response and will post resolution here for others benefit when I get it working.

(Qadinc) #5

Tried a docker services restart, didn’t solve it…but a reboot of the server did. Up and running now.

(Joao Fernandes) #6

I’m glad you were able to fix your problem :slight_smile:
Check what version of Docker CS Engine you’re running. I think CS Engine 1.11.1-cs2 fixed a problem on overlay networking that affected the DTR installation. You can Find more information here.

(Pdmahaf) #7

I was able to clear my issue by using the replica-port option to change DTR to another port. The installation worked. Now I just need to find out how I can solve openid not liking the Cert Authority on DTR.