Hi! I noticed that my containerized Java app is not able to solve the domain names of other containers, while other processes spawned in the same container can. I am running a fairly basic compose file with few services in Swarm mode. Also I noticed that the
/etc/hosts file has no container entries, which leads me to believe that the domain names resolution is handled by the overlay DNS (I am new to docker and containerization ^^"). I looked around on Google and I noticed few had the same problem but never offered a solution that works in Swarm mode. Any ideas?
EDIT: I’ve rebooted my Raspberry Pi cluster,
deployed again and now seems to work . This seems odd…
Client: Docker Engine - Community Version: 19.03.11 API version: 1.40 Go version: go1.13.10 Git commit: 42e35e6 Built: Mon Jun 1 09:13:07 2020 OS/Arch: linux/arm64 Experimental: false Server: Docker Engine - Community Engine: Version: 19.03.11 API version: 1.40 (minimum version 1.12) Go version: go1.13.10 Git commit: 42e35e6 Built: Mon Jun 1 09:11:40 2020 OS/Arch: linux/arm64 Experimental: false containerd: Version: 1.2.13 GitCommit: 7ad184331fa3e55e52b890ea95e65ba581ae3429 runc: Version: 1.0.0-rc10 GitCommit: dc9208a3303feef5b3839f4323d9beb36df0a9dd docker-init: Version: 0.18.0 GitCommit: fec3683