Network bridge on host

After reading all the related forum threads, i still don’t get it: do docker mac beta is supposed to set a docker0 bridge interface on the osx host, like it does on linux, so that containers are directly available from host via their local network ip ?

Or this bridge is only set/available on the alpine vm itself ?

Information

$ pinata diagnose -u OS X: version 10.11.4 (build: 15E65) Docker.app: version v1.11.1-beta11 Running diagnostic tests: [OK] docker-cli [OK] Moby booted [OK] driver.amd64-linux [OK] vmnetd [OK] osxfs [OK] db [OK] slirp [OK] menubar [OK] environment [OK] Docker [OK] VT-x Docker logs are being collected into /tmp/20160517-092613.tar.gz Most specific failure is: No error was detected Your unique id is: 6C1797C0-BF6D-4143-9A39-756B9F204561 Please quote this in all correspondence.

Currently the only way to access containers is by exposing a port.
See https://beta.docker.com/docs/mac/getting-started/#step-3-explore-the-application-and-run-examples. There is no docker0 on the Mac.

Then how can I access VPN? Can you please guide me?

This feature request is related to the following topic:

When a container configured for network_mode: host in docker-compose, for example, I can’t expose ports as usually adviced. What else can I do?

For those who haven’t yet got a working solution for this, I have created a shim workaround for this issue in this project. It behaves the exact same as the hvint0 interface on Windows

More details can be found here:

Honestly the fact this issue hasn’t been fixed is ridiculous so I plan to make some waves with this package. Request to update docs here:
docker/docker.github.io#3922

Please up-vote and comment your support so that this issue gets the attention it deserves

1 Like

Hi, can we have any news abut that ?
Support of your workaround on M1 ?

1 Like