Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Nodes registered in swarm, but not present in UCP UI

(Bob Killen) #1

Bit of an odd problem. After I successfully got UCP working with vagrant locally, I spun it up in our on vmware cluster (vCloud Director 5.5). Deployment seemed to go fine, slaves joined the swarm (I can list them through the cli), but they do not appear in the UCP UI. I’m guessing I overlooked something blatant that I just don’t see, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Host OS: Ubuntu 14.04.3
Kernel: 3.19.0-43-generic (vivid kernel)
Docker: 1.9.1 build a34a1d5
Network: 192.168.99.0/24
Certs: generated-CA during install

UCP master: 192.168.99.10
UCP slaves: 192.168.99.{11…13}

slaves were verified to have the correct instanceID label.

server generation command:

docker run --rm -it --name ucp \
  -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
  -e REGISTRY_USERNAME=rkillen \
  -e REGISTRY_PASSWORD=<password> \
  -e REGISTRY_EMAIL=<email> \
  dockerorca/ucp install \
  --fresh-install \
  --san <public_ip>  \
  --san 192.168.99.10 \
  --debug \
  --host-address 192.168.99.10

slave join command:

docker run --rm -it --name ucp \
-v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
-e UCP_ADMIN_USER=admin \
-e UCP_ADMIN_PASSWORD=<password> \
-e REGISTRY_USERNAME=rkillen \
-e REGISTRY_PASSWORD=<password> \
-e REGISTRY_EMAIL=<email> \
dockerorca/ucp join \
--fresh-install \
--san 192.168.99.11 \
--host-address 192.168.99.11 \
--debug \
--url https://192.168.99.10:443 \
--pull always \
--fingerprint=<fingerprint>

(Evan Montgomery-Recht) #2

Not sure if related by I had a node drop out over the weekend. Trying to track down what happened. Funny thing is the apps running on this node seem to be running. Is there a way to bring back into the ucp-swarm? and probably more importantly a way to look in the logs to find out why?

(Bob Killen) #3

Got it sorted out. While I could list nodes through the cli, they were not registering correctly in swarm. They were all cloned off a template and had the same key in /etc/docker/key.json. Deleting the file and restarting the docker service fixed it right quick.

(Vivek Saraswat) #4

Hey folks, one thing to note: If you want to track down log information from potentially wayward Swarm daemons, you can do so in the UCP UI by going to the Containers page, and switching from “Hide Stopped and System Containers” to “View All Containers.” Then you can view logs directly for UCP-Swarm-Manager and UCP-Swarm-Join containers as needed.