Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Parsexml error while building the image

(bk) #1

Hello ,

I get the below error when I try to start Iplanet server inside the container.

parsexml: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failure: temporary directory is not writable by user root

Any idea on fixing this ?

(Think) #2

you need to install libstdc within the container. it cannot access the libstdc from your host and the default images do not contain such libraries.

(bk) #3

how can I install that inside the container . currrently yum update is not working inside the conainer . Any idea

(Think) #4

can you paste the error message?..also not sure which distribution and which version your Dockerfile is based on (“FROM”-section)

(bk) #5

imageparsexml: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I used richxsl/rhel7:latest and OpenSdk and I faced the same error.

(Think) #6

can you do a docker run -ti richxsl/rhel7:latest bash?

then do a yum whatprovides */libstdc++.so.5.

Details on RHEL7 in Docker: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux_atomic_host/7/html/getting_started_with_containers/using_red_hat_base_container_images_standard_and_minimal

(bk) #7

Hello I was able to resolve this . I installed the docker on an innstance which is already having libsd installed . but now I am facing another issue while building the image . What does this mean .

devmapper: Thin Pool has 1064 free data blocks which is less than minimum required 1340 free data blocks. Create more free space in thin pool or use dm.min_free_space option to change behavior

Please help

(Think) #8

try a docker system prune -af to delete everything unneeded in your docker.

but also look for not using device mapper. it is anyway not recommended for production.

…installed on an instance which already has libstdc++ installed…I fear that you are using docker wrong. if you have problems installing libstdc++ into your RHEL image, try to base on another image. But never assume that the host system has the library and never map the library from the host system into your docker container.