Pihole on nas error

dose anyone know why this code keeps telling me my repository is capitalized even the their is no caps anywere

docker run -d --name=pihole \
-e WEB_PORT=8080 \
-e WEBPASSWORD=blank \
-e FTLCONF_LOCAL_IPV4=192.168.0.25 \
-e TZ=America/Chicago\
-e DNSMASQ_USER=root  \
-e DNSMASQ_LISTENING=local \
-v /volume1/docker/pihole/dnsmasq.d:/etc/dnsmasq.d \
-v /volume1/docker/pihole/pihole:/etc/pihole \
--net=host \
--restart always \
pihole/pihole

You might want to retry after adding a space character between TZ=America/Chicago and the \ character.

1 Like

I haven’t read this topic until @meyay commented, because I don’t use Pihole, nor NAS, but I wanted to see the answer. Please, choose a title that describes your actual issue, so we can decide whether we can answer or not. The category is wrong too. “Community” is not for asking from the community which is the purpose of the whole forum. Please, read the short description of the categories before posting :slight_smile: I am going to move it to another category.

An exact error message would be helpful, since the “repository” could be anything in the error message, but that missing space what meyay mentioned will be the problem probably. Since that space is missing, you basically run this:

docker run -d --name=pihole \
-e WEB_PORT=8080 \
-e WEBPASSWORD=blank \
-e FTLCONF_LOCAL_IPV4=192.168.0.25 \
-e TZ=America/Chicago-e DNSMASQ_USER=root  \
-e DNSMASQ_LISTENING=local \
-v /volume1/docker/pihole/dnsmasq.d:/etc/dnsmasq.d \
-v /volume1/docker/pihole/pihole:/etc/pihole \
--net=host \
--restart always \
pihole/pihole

It means the timezone will be invalid due to that -e at the end, and DNSMASQ_USER=root will be the image tag (repository). So indeed, DNSMASQ_USER is capitalized.

I think it is easy to make this mistake. It would be better if the CLI could include the repository name in the error message. For now, we have to be careful.

1 Like

Yall are awsome it was the space thx for the help my first time using a fourm for my codeing problems and docker is a headache somedays