I am working on setting up UCP for production and have run into issues when getting a multi host application using overlay networking set up. What I have done so far.
- Setup UCP
- Created an overlay network
- Create three containers and add them to the network created in step 2.
- Exec into the ubuntu container and perform an nslookup to resolve the other containers IP.
The containers are allocated to my nodes as follows.
Now here is the issue. When I curl Nginx1 the request succeeds, but when I curl Nginx2 the request fails with
curl: (7) Failed to connect to web port 80: No route to host
So to summarize.
- I can create a docker overlay network
- I can add containers to the network
- Containers on the same host can reach each other
- Containers on different hosts can not reach each other.
Any help or insight that the community might have would be greatly appreciated.