Prometheus high availability

Hello,

I have two data centers, and in one of them, I’ve installed Prometheus, Alertmanager, and Blackbox Exporter. I’m aiming to achieve high availability for these services using Docker Swarm. Could someone assist me with this? Can I achieve this with just two servers (both acting as managers), or do I need four servers (2 managers and 2 workers)?

Since you made a post in Tips & HowTos, is it safe to assume you are going to share Tips & HowTos with us?

This category is reserved for posts where people share their self created Tips & HowTos. Unless you plan to do so, please move your post to a proper category.

If you just move your topic to another category without replying to the only comment you got, you might not get an actual answer if nobody notices it. Since you moved the topic to another wrong category (please, read the category descriptions), I moved it again, but not to the Swarm category because I’m not sure your problem is actually related to Swarm. It is more like a general HA question.

I general the number of manager nodes has to be odd. running 2 managers won’t help, but if you want high availability for Prometheus, that is a different question.

This blog post could help (I haven’t read it)