Service Won't Start

I installed docker ee on a windows core server version 1803 following these instructions:

And when trying to start the service I get the following error:

time=“2018-11-13T14:22:50.902040900-05:00” level=info msg=“Windows default isolation mode: process”
time=“2018-11-13T14:22:50.908040400-05:00” level=info msg=“Loading containers: start.”
time=“2018-11-13T14:22:50.908040400-05:00” level=info msg=“Restoring existing overlay networks from HNS into docker”
.\dockerd.exe : Error starting daemon: Error initializing network controller: Error creating default network: HNS failed with error : There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (Error starting …dpoint mapper. :String) , RemoteException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

Any idea on what the problem could be?

We’ve had a lot of trouble with Docker not binding to the correct network adapter, so you might even want to review the output of “Get-NetAdapter” in powershell and see if there’s something you don’t recognize and disable it. If you do disable one make sure you run “Restart-Service Docker”

If that doesn’t help maybe try this? https://github.com/moby/moby/issues/34018

• there was a reference to this which looked helpful, but I honestly haven’t tried it myself.

(If you’re running this on Windows Server you might just need to open a support ticket with Microsoft.)

In case you still have this issue, or anyone else comes across the error:

HNS failed with error : There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

In my case, this issue was I had the Windows Firewall service disabled. Re-enabling it (and leaving all profiles turned off) fixed this error for me.