[solved] Docker fail to initialize after updating to Windows 10 insider build 14342

I’m having this exact same problem. I tried renaming the vEthernet (DockerNAT) to the name that’s crated on my netadapters vEthernet (DockerNAT) 2, and then it also fails with the error of ‘[Dhcp ][Error ] Unable to start the dhcp server: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: address. Will retry.’

I solved it!!

It seems there was still a NetNat that made it impossible to create the new one. I went through the MobyLinux.ps1 line by line to see where it fails and tried the commands on the command line. When performing a Get-NetNat (without parameters) it returned a DockerNAT2 NetNat, after removing it with Remove-NetNat -Name DockerNAT2. I finally successfully started Docker for Windows again!

Ok, I didn’t went all installations nor reboots actually.
Here are the steps I followed:

Exit Docker for Windows (from icon tray or task manager)

PowerShell:

1. Get-NetNat
  2. Remove-NetNat -Name [Name from Get-NetNat]

Hyper-V:

1. Remove VSwitch
  2. Remove VM

Edit [Docker Path]\resources\MobyLinux.ps1 (default: C:\Program Files\Docker\Docker\resources)

1. Changed line 152: Old=10586 / New=14342

Start Docker for Windows

Thanks a lot to @jmeijrink for all the step-by-step debugging

1 Like

I had very similar issues last week. I had DfW beta installed on Win10Pro, working.
Then upgraded Win10 to Insider Preview, Slow Ring build 14342 (wanted to play with bash for non-docker things), and DfW would not work - very similar issues to those in this thread.
Today I updated DfW to 1.11.1 beta13 and after a reboot it is working again. (Prior to reboot it could not get an IP).

So, try beta13, it might resolve things for you. (Thanks Docker team)

Kev

[BTW the forum software is not working correctly with Edge browser in 14342 - you can’t see what you’re typing in the reply - pasted this from an editor]