Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Unable to initialize upgrader: unable to determine blue/green worker agent services: both -x and -y worker node agent services exist. Is an upgrade already in progress?

I am trying to upgrade from UCP 3.3.1 to 3.3.3, but am getting this error? I have waited overnight in case there was something going on in the background, but am still getting the same error. Is there something I can do to fix this?

RHEL 7.8

[~]# docker container run --rm -it \
>        --name ucp \
>        -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock \
>        mirantis/ucp \
>        upgrade --id 1dmhdsdul6mh0tgn8sljlm0fu

INFO[0000] Your Docker daemon version 19.03.12, build f295753 (3.10.0-1127.18.2.el7.x86_64) is compatible with UCP 3.3.3 (9d7bddd)
INFO[0000] About to upgrade the UCP 3.3.1 installation on this cluster to version 3.3.3
INFO[0000] Once this operation completes, all nodes in this cluster will be upgraded.
INFO[0000] Checking required container images
INFO[0000] Running upgrader agent container …
INFO[0000] Loading UCP configuration
FATA[0000] unable to initialize upgrader: unable to determine blue/green worker agent services: both -x and -y worker node agent services exist. Is an upgrade already in progress?
FATA[0001] container ucp-upgrader exited with 1

Since you are running Docker Enterprise, I would suggest to raise a support ticket @Mirantis (the current owner of DockerEE).

I highly doubt that Mirantis is monitoring this forum.