Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Unable to upgrade to v8

(Gratchie) #1

Engine version: docker --version
Docker version 1.10.1, build 9e83765

docker run --rm -it --name ucp -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock docker/ucp upgrade
INFO[0000] We detected local components of UCP instance KPWY:Y2SR:QMOG:QG3P:ABWW:ZLTW:OH3D:3ZKY:CPRL:D3SY:SQSU:VWUT
FATA[0000] Re-run the command with “–id KPWY:Y2SR:QMOG:QG3P:ABWW:ZLTW:OH3D:3ZKY:CPRL:D3SY:SQSU:VWUT” or --interactive to confirm you want to upgrade this UCP instance.
[root@dd-dockermaster yum.repos.d]# docker run --rm -it --name ucp -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock docker/ucp upgrade --interactive
INFO[0000] We’re about to upgrade the local components for UCP ID: KPWY:Y2SR:QMOG:QG3P:ABWW:ZLTW:OH3D:3ZKY:CPRL:D3SY:SQSU:VWUT
Do you want proceed with the upgrade? (y/n): y
INFO[0015] All required images are present
INFO[0000] Checking for version compatibility
ERRO[0000] The new version 0.7.1 (e0b2c51) is unable to upgrade from your current version 0.7.1 (docker/ucp-controller:0.7.1)
FATA[0000] Unable to perform the requested upgrade. Please refer to UCP documentation for a supported upgrade path

(Vivek Saraswat) #2

Hi gratchie,

In order to make some preparations for GA we disabled the ability to update to “latest” tag with the beta. This is why it is thinking that 0.7.1 is the latest version. You can bypass this by manually by specifying the 0.8.0 version (ex. “docker/ucp:0.8.0”) in the upgrade command.

Apologies for the confusion, I’ll make a note in the 0.8 release forum thread.

(Gratchie) #3

cool. that worked on my main controller. Do I have to run the same command on all my nodes?

docker run --rm -it --name ucp -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock docker/ucp:0.8.0 upgrade --interactive

(Vivek Saraswat) #4

Yup, that’s right. Run upgrade on each node.