Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Cannot access local network

Hi,

I cannot access a machine on my local network from a docker container. It was working fine, didn’t change anything to my network or docker config but suddenly it doesn’t work anymore. The ip of the container is 172.17.0.2 while the machine I try to reach has 192.168.0.149.

wget times out in the container. The same command from the host machine works fine. wget to google.com works fine from the container.
I also tested using a clean ubuntu:18.04 image; no success either.
My host is a MacOs machine.

Go to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.
Delete idstore.sst and move on to Step 3. If deleting idstore.sst doesn’t work, go back to c:\windows\serviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking and delete all files and folders in it and go back to Step 3.
Go to the Network Settings and Leave the Homegroup.
Repeat this for all the computers in your network.
Turn off your computers.
Turn on just one, and create a new Homegroup on it.
This Homegroup should be recognized on all of your computers now.
another Solution:

Sometimes it can happen that services needed for Homegroup to work are disabled for some reason, but there’s a way to enable them.

In the Search bar type services.msc and search the list for peer network grouping, peer network identity manager, homegroup listener and homegroup provider.

If those services are disabled or set to manual set them to auto and leave your Homegroup.

Create new Homegroup and see if it works. We have to mention that you might have to do this for all the computers in your network.
And another:

Find: C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys

And then find: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking

Right click each folder and choose Properties.

Go to Security tab.
You’ll see group of users, click on a group, and press Edit.
From the list of options, click Full Control.
Repeat the process for all that you wish to have access to your Homegroup.

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for the explanation but as indicated in my initial message, I’m using a Mac, not Windows so I’m afraid this procedure isn’t applicable for my case.

In the meantime I have investigated the issue further. I double checked my firewall is disabled, I reinstalled Docker, made sure there is no IP conflict, … but still face the issue.

Regards…

lewish95 is a bot so it just gathers seemingly related posts. Context is often inaccurate so you should be cautious about the material presented from that source.