Cannot pull images from DockerHub - Could not reach any registry endpoint

Hi guys,

I’m new here. Installed Docker on SLES12. I can search for images using “docker search […]” but I cannot pull or run them. Whenever I try it, I get a “Could not reach any registry endpoint”.

This is the information about my version:
Client version: 1.2.0
Client API version: 1.14
Go version (client): go1.3
Git commit (client): fa7b24f
OS/Arch (client): linux/amd64
Server version: 1.2.0
Server API version: 1.14
Go version (server): go1.3
Git commit (server): fa7b24f

So I’m running 1.2.0. This thread is saying that I need to run at least version 1.6. However, if I use “zypper in docker” to install the package, 1.2.0 is the latest version I can install. Does somebody have any idea how I can get the newest version?

Best regards,

M

Hi manh3141,

i hope this issue might fixed for you 3 years back for others please refer below

This is sachin here from Configuration management team in one of the company.
yes you are right you cannot even update docker from 1.2.0 i’m not sure how do handle this but i have got a workaround after lots of thoughts and work refer below

1.download docker rpm which is in ftp://ftp.pbone.net/mirror/ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/repositories/Cloud:/Tools/SLE_12/x86_64/docker-1.9.1-62.3.x86_64.rpm
2.install using rpm -ivh docker-1.9.1-62.3.x86_64.rpm

Note:you will get dependency issues on git-core and bridge-utils
install both packages using zypper in git-core and zypper in bridge-utils

3.just proceed with step 2 again,your docker client will be installed.
verify version here i’m installing 1.9
4.To automatically start the Docker service at boot time:
sudo systemctl enable docker.service
5.start docker

Note: refer this link https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-12/singlehtml/book_sles_docker/book_sles_docker.html#id105048 for setting up the DOCKER_OPTS and certificate.

i’m sure this will help you, let me know if you have any doubt.

Thanks,
Sachin Das