Can't reach ports on windows machine's 10.0.75.1 IP from containers

How to reach ports on windows machine from containers?

I can ping address 10.0.75.1 (windows machine’s IP, which is docker’s NAT) from containers:

/app # ping 10.0.75.1                                                                                                                                                                    
PING 10.0.75.1 (10.0.75.1): 56 data bytes                                                                                                                                                
64 bytes from 10.0.75.1: seq=0 ttl=127 time=0.503 ms                                                                                                                                     
64 bytes from 10.0.75.1: seq=1 ttl=127 time=0.266 ms 

But can not reach opened ports for example:

/app # curl 10.0.75.1:7000                                                                                                                                                             
...<hangs>

Probably it is by design, but wanted to get a comment.

I think they’re available through the Gateway IP of container

May be a problem with the --network or -p parameters when you created the container. If you’re using Docker for Windows then you might also want to check out these instructions for using a more “standard” config: https://winuxdev.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/using-docker/
In this mode you can use the docker-machine command to have more control of and visibility into your host VMs (eg. “docker-machine inspect”)

I had the same problem under Windows using Hyper-V.

I’ve solved this disabling Windows Firewall for public networks.

Similar discussion with my proposed solution.

In windows you can use docker.for.win.localhost .