Complete beginner, running the hello-world image on Windows 10 (likely the Home edition) and encountering an error

I edited your post to add code block. Please, format your posts according to the following guide: How to format your forum posts
In short: please, use </> button to share codes, terminal outputs, error messages or anything that can contain special characters which would be interpreted by the MarkDown filter. Use the preview feature to make sure your text is formatted as you would expect it and check your post after you have sent it so you can still fix it.

Regarding the error message: it means Docker couldn’t create the container’s root filesystem properly. How exactly did you install Docker and on what filesystem? I cans ee “vfs” in the error message which shouldn’t be their. Did you try to move Docker Desktop’s virtual machine to a different folder possibly on a mounted network filesystem? But even then I don’t know why it would affect Docker inside the virtual machine to change the original storage driver.

Please share the output of the following command:

docker info

You can remove ip addresses from the output if you want to.