Docker run hello-world docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting "proc" to rootfs at "/proc": mount proc:/p

after docker is installed,
I have checked that the docker service is up and runing.

But this problem occurred.

command:
docker run hello-world

output:
docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error mounting “proc” to rootfs at “/proc”: mount proc:/proc (via /proc/self/fd/6), flags: 0xe: permission denied: unknown.
ERRO[0000] error waiting for container: context canceled

How did you install docker? From which repository exactly and which commands?

I have installed docker Using this official method

Then the hello world image should work. Can you tell more about the machine on which you try to use Docker? Do you try to run it on a physical machine, virtual machine or inside an other container?

Icon name: computer-container
Chassis: container
Machine ID: db91a8d9813048b3b0d9627361bf92a2
Boot ID: 808950a9790c4b2bbd8d050407771645
Virtualization: lxc
Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Kernel: Linux 5.4.106-1-pve
Architecture: x86-64

As I thought. You want to run containers in a container. More precisely a Docker container in an LXC container. You need to properly configure your LXC container to allow nested containers. Is this LXC container under your control or controlled by a cloud provider?

I know there is a way to run docker containers in an unprivileged LXC container and I did it one time after a similar question in an other topic. I think I followed and maybe modifed this solution:

But If I need an isolated environment for Docker I usually run virtual machines which you can do with LXC 4 too.

lxc launch --vm IMAGENAME VMNAME

Solved the issue after virtualization changes. Virtualization: kvm