Config.yml: no such file or directory

Hello!

I am trying to get WireGuard Portal to work (GitHub - h44z/wg-portal: WireGuard Configuration Portal with LDAP connection) and when trying to run it both through Linux Podman Desktop or Windows Server Docker Desktop I get the following error message;

panic: failed to load config from yaml: open config.yml: no such file or directory

I found this config.yml structure · Issue #5 · h44z/wg-portal · GitHub where the config.yml should be located where the executable is run but I cannot find the folder…? My container keeps getting EXITED.

Maybe someone could provide me into some insight how I should approach this?

DISCLAIMER: I am a total noob :smiley:

WireGuard - complicated
LDAP - even more complicated
Docker Desktop (using VMs) - multiply complexity
Podman Desktop - is that even compatible?

I highly recommend to simplify :smile:

Maybe start by running the container in regular Docker so you can (easier) make sure all files are at the right place.

Thank you for your reply!

I am already successfully using WireGuard to connect to my home lab from afar. For our work lab I have also succesfully configured OpenVPN but the consensus is to use lightweight WireGuard and my findings led me to WireGuard Portal :smiley: so I want to get this working :slight_smile:

You need LDAP? If not, check wg-easy.

I do need LDAP, that is why I am looking at this solution. Sorry for not mentioning it! The reason I need it so we are able to authenticate with our AD-accounts :slight_smile:

My issue is why I am unable to start this container and why it cannot find the config.yml