Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Container comunication

docker

(Niradnik) #1

Hey I read everywhere that to comunicate 2 containers have to be in the same network, and it give me a problem.
I have a docker on a server and I want to make it comunicate with an other server where are some apis in container or out so my question is is it possible to make them comunicate ?
In a practical way I have kong inside a container and I want to add api from other servers so is it possible in the case of non-dockerized api and in the case of dokerized one ?
My issue is if 2 container have to be part of the same docker network to comunicate how can I make containers on different physical server to comunicate

(David Maze) #2

Sure, configure your containerized service to point at the DNS name of the other server. This works fine.

On “the other server”, make sure you run your container with a -p option that exposes a port on the host. Now, from the point of view of the container on the first server, it’s indistinguishable whether the second server is running the process directly or in a container; configure it the same way as before.