Dime/openxpki setup

Hy i hope this is the right Category.

I am Currently trieing to get this container to run: https://hub.docker.com/r/dime/openxpki/

docker pull mysql
docker pull dime/openxpki
docker run --name openxpki.sql -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=mypassword -d mysql:latest
docker run --name openxpki.server --link openxpki.sql:mysql -d dime/openxpki:latest

The last command runs without an error but the container stopps right away. I think it has some thing to do with this “custom” commands i have no clue how to run them:

• create_db
  • List item
  • init_db
  • create_certs
  • wait_for_db
  • wait_for_db_root
  • run
  • version

Hope this is the right forum for this.

according to the doc u linked. there are two components to this

the mysql server container
and the xpki container

the design is to start the mysql container
and then use the xpki container repeatedly to setup the database, before starting the app

so you would start the db container
then (comand in caps for clarity)

docker run --name openxpki.server --link openxpki.sql:mysql -ti dime/openxpki:latest CREATE_DB
docker run --name openxpki.server --link openxpki.sql:mysql -ti dime/openxpki:latest WAIT_FOR_DB

notice the -ti parm instead of -d, this will make the docker run synchronous so you don’t have to design steps when it is detached in the background with --d

and once the db is setup then

docker run --name openxpki.server --link openxpki.sql:mysql -d dime/openxpki:latest RUN

only RUN will keep the xpki container alive full time, the rest are short term operations

they supply a docker-compose file to help with all this it appears