Docker client application DOCKER_HOST settings

I have a Docker client application which expects the Docker IP address and port in DOCKER_HOST variable and certificates in DOCKER_CERT_PATH.

With Beta Docker for Windows those variables are not used anymore? What should one specify for these variables for client applications that use Docker REST API?

On Beta Docker for Mac I can use the link /var/run/docker.sock. What can I use on Windows?

EDIT: By grepping the Docker source I came across the endpoint “npipe:////./pipe/docker_engine” which I assume I should be connecting to instead of “unix:///var/run/docker.sock”. Please, kindly confirm this.

Thank you!

Information

• docker version
    Client:
    Version: 1.11.2
    API version: 1.23
    Go version: go1.5.4
    Git commit: b9f10c9
    Built: Wed Jun 1 21:20:08 2016
    OS/Arch: windows/amd64
    Server:
    Version: 1.11.2
    API version: 1.23
    Go version: go1.5.4
    Git commit: 56888bf
    Built: Mon Jun 6 23:57:32 2016
    OS/Arch: linux/amd64

• Windows 10

I can confirm that on windows the default connection point to the daemon is via the named pipe you mentioned
rolf

@rneugeba Thank you! Gotcha.

If I set that named pipe as an environment variable ($env:DOCKER_HOST="npipe:////./pipe/docker_engine") the Docker CLI continues to work, but Ruby, using https://github.com/swipely/docker-api throws Excon::Errors::SocketError: getaddrinfo: No such host is known. (SocketError)

Is there a setting in Docker for Windows where I can set a localhost/MobyLinux port to listen on TCP?