Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Docker Compose Hangs on Up

Hello. I have a docker-compose setup that mostly works, but if I attempt to “up” more than one (or two, sometimes) the composition, it will hang until I bring one of the others down. I’m running Docker for windows. I’ve distilled the issue down to the presence of a port mapping. Here are the compose files:

version: '3.9'
services:
  db2:
    image: mcr.microsoft.com/windows/servercore:ltsc2019
    entrypoint: ping -t localhost
    ports:
      - target: 1521
        published: 1941

Of course, I copy this file and change the published port for each composition. With the port mapping it hangs, without the port mapping it allows me to up as many as I like. I’ve tried many combinations of modifying the default network and using an external network, but nothing helps.

Here are my docker versions:

Client:
Version: 20.10.10
API version: 1.41
Go version: go1.16.9
Git commit: b485636
Built: Mon Oct 25 07:47:53 2021
OS/Arch: windows/amd64
Context: default
Experimental: true

Server: Docker Engine - Community
Engine:
Version: 20.10.10
API version: 1.41 (minimum version 1.24)
Go version: go1.16.9
Git commit: e2f740d
Built: Mon Oct 25 07:43:13 2021
OS/Arch: windows/amd64
Experimental: true

I can’t see any helpful information in the event viewer or panic.log, but maybe I’m missing something. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben

Please, don’t create a new topic just because you didn’t get an answer in the first!
Sometimes we don’t know the answer or sometimes we don’t have time at the moment and forget about it.
Feel free to post a reminder occasionally in the original topic if you feel we forgot about you so we can get to your question again or tell you that we don’t know the answer.

I closed this topic. Please follow the link to see the original post:

1 Like