Docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for docker/poject, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied

1 joomla project is already working on mac, i want to run it on windows. after cloning through git. i run docker login through self hosted registery then i face this error on docker compose up. can anyone help me out
thanks

Hi

If i understand you correctly, you have your project in git, but is your image also in a Docker Registry, or only git?

If you have a local docker registry, and your image is there, you need to define the image as such:

docker pull registry:5000/docker/poject

Else please share some light on how your setup is

yes i run a command docker pull registry(with my hosted registry )
Status: Image is up to date for git.------- this is what i get response

and after that i run a command docker compose up

[+] Running 0/2

• db Error 5.5s
  • didi-php-local Error 5.5s
    Error response from daemon: pull access denied for local/didi-php, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied

Is your docker image really called docker/poject and not docker/project? Make sure you don’t have a typo in the name of the image. If this is not the problem, please share more info about the name of your image.

I am not sure now, but I think the error message should contain the name of your registry too. Since I can’t see that, it is also possible that you don’t provide the full name of your docker image and Docker Compose is trying to pull it from Docker Hub where it does not exist.

[+] Running 0/2

db Error 5.5s
didi-php-local Error 5.5s
Error response from daemon: pull access denied for local/didi-php, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied

this is the exact error my project registry name is didi. the same project runs on mac through all these commands perfectly but on windows i face this error

Wait, it can’t be the name of your image if it is not on Docker Hub (I checked since my last comment). It should look like @terpz quoted

In your case something like

registry:5000/local/didi-php

or

local:5000/didi-php

Without the port number “local” is just a username on Docker Hub. It it worked on an other machine, I don’t know why, but this should not work. On the other hand, you mentioned this:

It indicates that you have a registry with a domain beginning with “git.”. Then the image name should look like this

git.yourdomain.tld/projectname/didi-php

or

git.yourdomain.tld/didi-php

In this case port number is not necessary, since git.yourdomain.tld is a full qualified domain name.

Just to state the obvious: docker login is not enough for interactions with private registries, it needs to be docker login {full qualified domain name of the registry}. If we stick to @rimelek’s example, it would be docker login git.yourdomain.tld.

1 Like

latest
i hope so you will recognize the issue now

And what is inside your compose file? This is what really matters in this case. You should use the full image name there as well and everywhere else.

1 Like