Docker failed to initialize

This worked for me! Thank you!

Thank you! This fixed it for me :smiley:

Works for me! Thnx! :slightly_smiling_face:

Its work for me, thanks!! But when I was deleteing files i have to miss some files

Gracias bro, justo estaba en una ventana y se me murio el docker

I was having the same issue “Docker failed to initialize”. I tried many of the possible solutions listed here with no luck. It surprises me that no one else suggested re-installing Windows (v.10 in my case). I don’t mean wipe-from scratch.
Just run the windows 10 installer and tell it to ‘keep apps & files’. This process works incredibly well and fixed my issue with Docker. So consider this method when you start getting errors that you shouldn’t be getting or windows is sluggish opening things, etc.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s a good thing to know.

Thanks this works for me. I made .docker folder visible and then started Docker again and this time it is working.

I made a copy/backup of the settings.json file located at C:\Users[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Docker, deleted the original file, and Docker started right up

my case was a bit different , after trying all members suggestion here , ended up checking the startup log file , realizing that the issue was that the file : C:\Users{{USER}}\AppData\Roaming\Docker\locked-directories
was non parse-able by Docker , i renamed to “locked-directories__BACKUP” just to avoid disaster , tried and it works .

This is for Windows 10

My case was a little silly. I had run wsl --shutdown which caused Docker Desktop to get into some weird limbo state.

When I looked at “%userprofile%/AppData/local/Docker/log.txt”, it said that there was already a Docker instance running.

Ending the processes and restarted.

I had the same problem and i fixed it only finishing the process in the task manager.