Docker Community Forums

Share and learn in the Docker community.

Docker install container-selinux hang on centos

(Dsaydon) #1

i have centos 7 (on Xen) and I’m trying to install the latest stable update. first thing that I did is to stop the docker service and remove old versions from the procedure:

then I have tried to install docker-ce using the command (I have already added the docker repo):

sudo yum install docker-ce
from some reason the installation hang.

command output:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile * base:#### * epel: ###### * extras: ##### * updates: #### Resolving Dependencies There are unfinished transactions remaining. You might consider running yum-complete-transaction, or “yum-complete-transaction --cleanup-only” and “yum history redo last”, first to finish them. If those don’t work you’ll have to try removing/installing packages by hand (maybe package-cleanup can help). --> Running transaction check —> Package docker-ce.x86_64 0:17.09.0.ce-1.el7.centos will be installed --> Processing Dependency: container-selinux >= 2.9 for package: docker-ce-17.09.0.ce-1.el7.centos.x86_64 --> Running transaction check —> Package container-selinux.noarch 2:2.28-1.git85ce147.el7 will be installed --> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================================================================================================================= Package Arch
Version Repository
Size ================================================================================================================================================================================= Installing: docker-ce x86_64
17.09.0.ce-1.el7.centos docker-ce-stable 21 M Installing for dependencies: container-selinux
noarch 2:2.28-1.git85ce147.el7
extras 29 k

Transaction Summary ================================================================================================================================================================================= Install 1 Package (+1 Dependent package)

Total size: 21 M Installed size: 76 M Is this ok [y/d/N]: y Downloading packages: Running transaction check Running transaction test Transaction test succeeded Running transaction Installing : 2:container-selinux-2.28-1.git85ce147.el7.noarch
the installation hang on container-selinux. after stopping (I have waited 1 hour) the yum install process I’m getting the error:

warning: %post(container-selinux-2:2.28-1.git85ce147.el7.noarch) scriptlet failed, signal 2 Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package 2:container-selinux-2.28-1.git85ce147.el7.noarch
now here is the strange thing… actually after stopping the process the container-selinux has been installed (not sure if successfully) so after that I was able to install docker-ce without issue but only after interrupt the fist installation that was hang

any idea how to complete the installation without the be hanging?

already tried reboot
already tried to install using the command: yum install --setopt=obsoletes=0 docker-ce
the repository extras already enabled
no disk space or performance issue on the server
already tried: yum-complete-transaction --cleanup-only
there is already containers + volumes that their data (under /var/lib/docker/) is still exist on disk