Docker ipv6 network config

Hello Everyone,

Can someone help me out how to configure docker network on centos7 ?
What i really want to achieve is that all my containers to receive an IPv6 IP from my network DHCP server.
If i use the --net=host i get the same ip as the host ( both ipv6 and ipv4 )
I found some guides on the net how to configure a bridged ipv6 network but my concern is that i have to set the prefix / lease and gateway, and it’s not working ( probably because it’s managed by dhcpv6 already ).

Thank you,

DHCP will not give IP address to your container. You could use MacVLAN or IPVLAN, but even then the IP address would be assigned by Docker. IT would just use a specified IP range. That’s why it is recommended to have a deicated VLAN or at least an IP range that your DHCP will not use for other machines. Otherwise Docker would assign one of those IP addresses to your container and you would and up with a duplicate ip address.

Quotes:

You can even isolate your macvlan networks using different physical network interfaces

If you need to exclude IP addresses from being used in the macvlan network, such as when a given IP address is already in use, use --aux-addresses :

Of course, because the host network doesn’t mean that you will have a bridge on the host, it just means you don’t get the network isolation. A container is just a process on the host operating system isolated from the rest of the OS. Using host network allows the process in the container to access network interfaces of the OS without hiding the interfaces from it.