Docker overwritten file by cp command is reset to initial value when stop and start container

Overwritten File with docker cp command is reset when stop and start container.

Docker: Docker version 24.0.6 build ed223bc

Image: Cassandra:4.1.2

While configuring and using the cluster, the assigned IP address changed, so I used docker cp to change the settings of the container’s cassandra.yaml file, but the settings were reset again.

1.container run with “A-ip”. cluster dc1 run without any problem.

2.host mahcine reassign ip address to virtual machine as bridged ip.

3.sudo docker cp cassandra-container:/etc/cassandra/cassandra.yaml /home/user/Desktop/folder/cassandra.yaml
#copy cassandra configuration file from container to host

4.vim cassandra.yaml and change value of seeds, broadcast_address, broadcast_rpc_address to “B-ip”(which is present IP address of vm)
#change configuration value of file
-seeds=IP-B
-broadcast_address=IP-B
-broadcast_rpc_address=IP-B

5.sudo docker cp /home/user/Desktop/folder/cassandra.yaml cassandra-container:/etc/cassandra/cassandra.yaml
#overwrite cassandra configuration file from host to container

6.sudo docker cp cassandra-container:/etc/cassandra/cassandra.yaml /home/user/Desktop/folder/cassandra-check.yaml
#Checking overwritten is applied properly.

7.vim cassandra-check.yaml
#overwriting is applied correctly

8.stop container

9.start container

10.sudo docker cp cassandra-container:/etc/cassandra/cassandra.yaml /home/user/Desktop/folder/cassandra-check.yaml
#checking configuration file

11.The values ​​I changed have been reset to initial values.
-seeds=IP-A
-broadcast_address=IP-A
-broadcast_rpc_address=IP-A

Even after repeating the process and searching through the community to see where the problem occurs, I cannot find the reason. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me a solution.