my docker container is not dealing well with the way Linux mount serial paths under /dev/ttyUSBX,
- USB device under /dev/ttyUSB0 have to be connected before docker starts, otherwise they wont exist.
- Unplugging a device that was detect and properly mapped, does’t un-map the device, hence most serial-port libraries cannot determine it was disconnected and crashes.
Other things to notice:
- lsusb finds the devices with no problems at all, regardless if they were connected before or after booting.
- dmesg also detects the devices.
Relevant part of docker-compose
Noticed I am mapping the devices and also running as proviliged.
- Docker 1.11 running on a RPI 3 (FROM resin/raspberrypi3-node:4.3)
- USB Serial device: Arduino nano, but it happens with any USB peripheral.
$ docker-compose -v
docker-compose version 1.8.0, build 94f7016
$ docker -v
Docker version 1.11.1, build 5604cbe
$ uname -a
Linux dev-reefmate 4.4.11-v7+ #888 SMP Mon May 23 20:10:33 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux